Mini Rage Face OMG Smiley -->

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Caysorn Thai Restaurant



Today, I decided that I wanted to eat Malaysian for lunch but unfortunately the place was almost full by the time I arrived there. Instead of waiting around until a table was available, I had a look around to see if there were any other places to eat at for lunch.

I had the Caysorn Thai restaurant in mind as it was not too far from the Malaysian restaurant. Unlike the Malaysian restaurant, Caysorn was not full. Perhaps the reason why Caysorn did not have as many patrons was because of its location. It is on top of where the Burlington Supermarket used to be. Not as many people seem to venture there in my experience. However, most of the patrons that do eat here are Thai.

Here is a photo of Caysorn from the outside:

Unfortunately, it was slightly cramped to take the photo from the middle so it was easier to take a photo of the entire restaurant from the side.

Although Caysorn is a Thai restaurant, it is not like your typical suburban Thai restaurant that you will find other parts of Sydney. The dishes that you will find in their menu is Southern Thai. I have not seen too many restaurants in Sydney that serve dishes from Southern Thailand. The only dish I have seen being served from the region in the majority of restaurants is Massaman Curry.

I think I seem to like going off track a lot, haha. Anyway, I sat down and had a look at the menu to see what I wanted to order. I ordered Pad Gapi Sator. The other dish I would have probably ordered was Kua Kling but it is extremely spicy. Even for someone who is used to eating food with spices and chilli. 

Some photos of what the inside looks like:



It was not long before my lunch had arrived. The service here is quite fast.

Here is what Pad Gapi Sator looks like for those who have never seen it before:

Oh and some rice to make the meal complete. Yummmm!!!

Unlike in many other restaurants, I also do not find that the portion sizes are too big. For me, the portion size here is just right but perhaps for others, it may be too small. Additionally, for those wanting to share the meal, the portion sizes may also be too small.

The dish was delicious. I did not find it too spicy today which was good for my tastebuds. However, if you ever order this dish and find it too spicy for your liking, there are an array of Thai milk drinks that you can order to counteract the spices.

Overall, I really like Caysorn as the dishes here are different from other Thai restaurants. Next time, I might order one of their curries.

Until next time,

Laura xx

No comments:

Post a Comment