Mini Rage Face OMG Smiley -->

Sunday 8 July 2012

Liz Lisa and Tralala


I have been meaning to do this post for a while but I have not got around to it. As many of you know, Liz Lisa and its sister brand Tralala are popular fashion brands in Japan. It is a gyaru fashion label for those of you who may not be familiar with it.

If you have never heard of the term gyaru, it is a type of Japanese street fashion that originated in the 1970s. A female who wears gyaru fashion also usually wears a lot of makeup, wigs and excessively decorated nails. Think Tsubasa Masuwaka and Himena Ousaki.

Back on track now. Although I did a blog post on my experiences in Japan, I decided not to include Liz Lisa in it as I think it needs its a post of its own.

Here is what the Liz Lisa logo looks like:
(Courtesy of Shibuya Closet)

I have heard of Liz Lisa prior to shopping in Japan as many people have talked about it on the internet whether it be their profiles or blogs. Plus my friends are into Japanese fashion too,lol.

Unfortunately, the shop does not let you try on the clothes before buying it which I find to be strange. Maybe they do not want the clothes to be stained, I do not know. Even the Tralala store does not let you try it on either as I learned this when I went to Shiga.

Anyway, here is how some of the clothes look.

This is a pink sweater I bought in the Liz Lisa store in Shibuya. It is really comfortable and I find it can be worn with a variety of looks whether it be jeans, black pants or shorts and stockings. It was a bit cool for it to be worn with shorts today so I opted for black pants. Also, it is better if you can wear a singlet underneath it, preferably pink or white.


Both the cardigan with the hood and the shirt with flowers in it are from Liz Lisa. The cardigan is nicely fitted but it can only be worn casually. However, the shirt can be worn either casually or a night out. The shirt fits okay as well but be warned, it is one size fits all.


The shirt by itself. Oh by the way, the flowers are supposed to be at the back but I was in a hurry when I put the shirt on,lol.


Finally, this shirt is from its sister brand Tralala. I have not really worn this shirt yet as it has been way too cold but I will wear it more often when Spring comes. Cannot wait for that. This shirt is probably best worn with either black or white pants/shorts. I guess you could wear it with a skirt as well.

Overall while some of the clothes at Liz Lisa are quite nice, I probably would not buy everything from there as some of the clothes have too much floral print for my liking. If you have the chance to ever go shopping in Japan, Cecil McBee also have nice clothes. I even like some of the gothic clothes there despite the fact I hardly ever go shopping at Gothic clothing shops.

Have a nice day everyone.

Laura xx

1 comment:

  1. Nice post! I like how the sleeves look baggy on the pink cardigan. The tank top is nice, but I notice the bust part sits really high on you. They must make their tank tops for someone with a very small bust.

    ReplyDelete